Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Poem Given as a Gift to Me.


Yo Tuve un Hermano
Julio Cortázar

Yo tuve un hermano
no nos vimos nunca
pero no importaba.

Yo tuve un hermano
que iba por los montes
mientras yo dormía.

Lo quise a mi modo
le tomé su voz
libre como el agua.

Camine de a ratos
cerca de su sombra
no nos vimos nunca
pero no importaba.

Mi hermano despierto
mientras yo dormía.
Mi hermano mostrándome
detrás de la noche
su estrella elegida.

Translation Follows

I Had a Brother
Julio Cortazar

I had a brother
we never saw
but no matter.

I had a brother
I was going through the mountains
while I slept.

I loved my way
I took your voice
free as water.

Walk from time to time
near his shadow
we never saw
but no matter.

My brother awake
while I slept.
My brother showed me
night behind
their chosen star.

No comments:

Post a Comment